Wrestling fans around the world were stunned this morning by news of the purchase of CHIKARA Pro by WWE. News first broke on the WWE App, and we now have the exclusive details of what this purchase entails:
- WWE is now the exclusive distributor of VOD content for CHIKARA, meaning you can find your favorite CHIKARA shows on the WWE Network for only $9.99 a month!
- WWE will be live streaming future “iPPV” specials for CHIKARA exclusively on the WWE Network…which you can get for just $9.99 a month.
- New original CHIKARA programming will be developed in the near future for the WWE Network…which you can get for a mere $9.99 a month.
- The CHIKARA movie The Ashes of CHIKARA will be available on a variety of streaming platforms like Hulu Plus and Netflix, but your first chance to watch it will be on the WWE Network…for just $9.99 a month.
- Various stars of the CHIKARA roster will be reporting to the Performance Center later this week. Names mentioned include “Mr. Touchdown” Mark Angelosetti, Ultramantis Black, and current CHIKARA Grand Champion Icarus.
- Mike Quackenbush has been named the new head of training at the Performance Center. The jury’s still out on whether or not there will be an NXT Wrestle Factory.
Neither the WWE nor CHIKARA representatives could be reached for comment at this time. We here at Occupy Pro Wrestling wish CHIKARA Pro all the best in their future endeavors.